Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
BISMARCK, February 14, 2019 — Today, the United States District Court for the District of
Washington, D.C. – Yesterday, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California dismissed baseless
U.N. must examine growing trend of U.S. corporations using courts to silence dissent, says free speech group
WASHINGTON, DC — Protect the Protest, an international task force of over 20 organizations working
In an article for Grist, Justine Calma and Paola Rosa-Aquino discuss a 1990s tactic that
BISMARCK, ND — Krystal Two Bulls, an Oglala Lakota and Northern Cheyenne U.S. army veteran and
MIAMI, FLORIDA – Yesterday, a federal court dismissed a defamation lawsuit brought by a Russian
SPRINGFIELD, OREGON – Residents of Weed, California are rallying today outside the headquarters of Roseburg
On November 30, 2018, San Francisco’s Superior Court issued an order granting anonymous antifascists’ motion to quash
Throughout 2018, House Natural Resources Committee chairman Rob Bishop (R-UT) undertook a harassment campaign against
Our democracy depends on checks and balances – and those who work to expose the