Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
Last year was a busy year for corporate bullies in the US. It seems nowadays
“On behalf of Protect the Protest, a task force of dozens of advocacy groups set
Chevron CEO Confronted by Human Rights and Environmental Movement and Shareholders at Annual Meeting
Five shareholder resolutions call on company to end its environmental destruction and rights abuses PRESS
Today, activists gathered outside Chevron’s annual meeting to tell CEO Michael Wirth that the company
Court Dismisses Abusive Dakota Access Pipeline Company Lawsuit Against Activists and Environmental Groups
February 15, 2019, North Dakota – Late yesterday, a federal judge dismissed all claims in
Racketeering Conspiracy Lawsuit Against Krystal Two Bulls and Other Pipeline Protesters Dismissed February 15, 2019
BISMARCK, February 14, 2019 — Today, the United States District Court for the District of
Washington, D.C. – Yesterday, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California dismissed baseless
U.N. must examine growing trend of U.S. corporations using courts to silence dissent, says free speech group
WASHINGTON, DC — Protect the Protest, an international task force of over 20 organizations working
In an article for Grist, Justine Calma and Paola Rosa-Aquino discuss a 1990s tactic that