Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
Forestry Company Faces Challenge to Its “Responsible Timber” Certification After Waging Intimidation Campaign Against Local Community
WEED, CALIFORNIA – Citizens of Weed, California filed a complaint today with the Forest Stewardship
Tongue-in-cheek ‘SLAPP Awards’ celebrate the corporations, lawyers using courts to silence free speech
The Protect the Protest task force announces first-annual accolades for biggest legal bullies and shadiest
Last year was a busy year for corporate bullies in the US. It seems nowadays
One form of SLAPP attacks is the use of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations
One year ago this month, 25 social justice, environmental, and civil liberties organizations joined forces
“On behalf of Protect the Protest, a task force of dozens of advocacy groups set
Chevron CEO Confronted by Human Rights and Environmental Movement and Shareholders at Annual Meeting
Five shareholder resolutions call on company to end its environmental destruction and rights abuses PRESS
Today, activists gathered outside Chevron’s annual meeting to tell CEO Michael Wirth that the company
Court Dismisses Abusive Dakota Access Pipeline Company Lawsuit Against Activists and Environmental Groups
February 15, 2019, North Dakota – Late yesterday, a federal judge dismissed all claims in
Racketeering Conspiracy Lawsuit Against Krystal Two Bulls and Other Pipeline Protesters Dismissed February 15, 2019