Here are some background resources on “Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation” (SLAPPs) and advice for responding to legal bullying. If you or your organization faces the risk of a SLAPP, we strongly recommend that you find legal counsel, because each case requires a unique response.
- What is a SLAPP? - Not all lawsuits are SLAPPs. Here are some of the warning signs of a SLAPP.
- Who is vulnerable? - SLAPPs pose a threat to a wide range of individuals and organizations working in the public interest. Here are some recent, emblematic cases.
- Know your rights - You can reduce your risk of SLAPPs by taking certain precautionary measures.
- Get help - If you have been sued or face the threat of a SLAPP, here are some immediate steps to consider.
- Our cases - Learn more about the work of the task force and its individual members.
- Help us end SLAPP - There is wide support for ending SLAPPs. What we need now is unified action.
- SLAPP Tactics
- Types of Cases
- Resource Categories
Ben Paynter reports in Fast Company on the launch of the Protect the Protest task
David Ruiz describes how the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) has worked to tackle SLAPPs, and
A Manhattan judge has denied an effort by agribusiness giant Monsanto to subpoena communications and
Federal Court Dismisses Pipeline Corporation’s Lawsuit Against the Earth First! Environmental Movement
On August 23, 2018, a federal court in North Dakota dismissed the SLAPP brought by
Valentina Stackl of EarthRights International discusses the pervasive use of SLAPPs against #MeToo survivors. Stackl
WASHINGTON, DC October 18, 2018 — A new Greenpeace USA report “Still Too Far: Energy
MEDIA CONTACT Kyle Moler firstname.lastname@example.org (202) 478-6173 NEW YORK, NY — A new task force
WASHINGTON, DC September 5, 2018 — Greenpeace filed motions to dismiss the amended complaint brought
For decades, powerful interests have attempted to intimidate and silence public watchdogs, journalists, and advocacy
Human Rights Watch discusses a SLAPP filed by Resolute Forest Products against Greenpeace and Stand.earth,